The Design Team are presently considering 9 potential locations for the bridge.
There is currently no fixed design and no fixed location.
Currently, the Team are collaborating with the local and Londonwide community as well as undertaking technical and design feasibility work to assess different location options. This work includes:
- Updating TfL’s report to take account of changes since 2013 such as new improvements to local infrastructure e.g. Cycle Super-highways and the expansion of the Quietway scheme; increased development levels in both Wandsworth and Westminster; increased levels of population; increased walking and cycling demand; deteriorating air quality; and updated traffic accident statistics.
- Undertaking technical studies and analysis to assess the most suitable options for the location of a bridge.
- Assessing the potential impact of the proposals on these locations and potential landing points on both sides of the river.
- Exploring engineering strategies and solutions for the potential landing points to be sympathetic to the surroundings.
- Carrying out initial engagement with the local and London-wide communities to understand
- Engaging with local stakeholders and wider London statutory groups such as the Port of
London Authority (PLA) and Transport for London (TfL) as well as planning officers in Westminster, Wandsworth and Lambeth.
- Considering aspects such as heritage, conservation, ecology, city connectivity and visual impact.
Click here to learn more about the considerations